Made by me

A running pygmy?

Nope it’s just me.

The race went really well. Much better than I had anticipated and I felt more exhilarated than exhausted afterwards. The time was 31:49, not a killer time by any means, but I blame that entirely on the crowded starting field πŸ˜‰ Now I’m toying with the idea of running a 10k race.

The top and capri leggings are from Kwik-Sew Swim & Actionwear book (a little dated, but great for basics and instructions) and the jacket around my waist is Kwik-Sew 2615.

Hopefully this runner’s high can somehow translate into my rain coat project. I plan an all-weekender to get the ball rolling properly. The goal is to have at least a muslin done by Sunday.

6 Comment

1. Reply
    Antoinette
    May 29, 2009 at 3:00 pm

You are hilarious! I wish the photo were clearer, or at least bigger, so I could see the clothes. πŸ˜‰ Good luck with the raincoat this weekend. I bet you’ll have something fun to share!

2. Reply
    melissa
    May 29, 2009 at 4:09 pm

Congratulations! That’s not a shabby time at all! The nice thing about running your first race is that it’ll be your Personal Best no matter what you do! πŸ™‚

3. Reply
    Dawn
    May 30, 2009 at 5:38 am

That picture is really funny!!!

4. Reply
    lsaspacey
    May 30, 2009 at 7:58 pm

Congrats! Funny thing is I always thought from your pictures that you were tall until I saw your picture in England with Melissa. But she is REALLY tall, right?

5. Reply
    May 30, 2009 at 11:11 pm

>>Antoinette: Then I will do a "outfit of the day" πŸ™‚ Since I plan to review the book anyway someday.

>>Melissa: Thank you, I did ran a 5k race 10 years ago and did in just 28 min so I'm comparing a bit here, but back then I was much more fit!

>>Dawn: I agree πŸ™‚

>>Isaspacey: Thank you! I have heard that the camera adds pounds, but apparently it can subtract length too πŸ˜‰ Yes Melissa is pretty tall and I'm only 5 feet 3, but on the goal photo I look even shorter!

6. Reply
    Ann's Fashion Studio
    May 31, 2009 at 11:43 pm

Congratulations! That is a great time, and you had enough fun you are planning another race πŸ™‚ so it's a good thing πŸ™‚