Judging from my blog you might think all I currently do is making activewear. Well that is not entirely true, but I still have a back log of garments that I’ve made during the last few years . And quite a few of these are indeed workout wear. Such as this top.
This is another old Burdastyle pattern – the issue is from 2006 and it’s the first time I make this. What draw me to this pattern is the interesting shoulder design, both in front and in the back. And the unusual princess seam that looks really cool (and was really tricky getting to look good, there are still some wrinkles here and there, even though I removed some excess fabric from the side pieces).
This top the result of a batch sewing session earlier this year, when I made three different workout tops using the same fabric. This top was also made during this session. I don’t do this normally, but it was a nice change not having to switch thread and settings on the machines and just focus on one thing. I think I also did save quite some sewing time doing this, the only downside is that it might be a bit boring having three tops in the same exact fabric. Plus the wicking properties are not as stellar as I had hoped for, thus the tops are not a great choice for intense cardio. So I mostly wear these when strength training.
The top also has a built in bra (not included in the original pattern, but I love adding these). For more on this pattern and the struggles that I had with the neckline see my review.