Sewing great looking topstitching can be tricky, so in this video sewing tutorial I share my top tips for achieving good results when you use this sewing technique.
Topics covered in this video:
- Picking the right thread
- Using the right needle
- What sort of thread to use in the bobbin, including tips for sewing with thick thread in the bobbin.
- How to use the blind hem presser foot for sewing straight stitches
- Using double threads for topstitching
- The importance of having your machine in good condition
- And lots of other tidbits on the topic of topstitching
Also in the video I accidentally reveal that I can’t make the distinction between left and right instantly. I try and try but it’s so hard and now I think it’s too late to learn, my brain just can’t process it!
Anyways now I’m curious, what are your tricks and tips for topstitching? Please share in the comments!