Video: My designer fabric shopping frenzy!

- Fabrics, Shopping, Video

youtube-subscribe-button

I’ve worked hard at stash reduction for a few years now, but all those intentions went awry earlier this fall when I went bananas at a fabric fair and bought some high-end (and pricey designer fabrics). In this video I share the story on how that happened, what I ended up buying and my sewing plans for them.

Kyle D Burkhardt
    November 20, 2016 at 4:38 pm

I love your videos Johanna! They are so fun! You had a lovely day at that fabric fair!

November 21, 2016 at 7:52 am

Thank you! I’m happy to hear you enjoy them!

PsychicSewerKathleen
    November 20, 2016 at 6:11 pm

As soon as I saw in bloglovin’ you had another video up and couldn’t WAIT to watch it! But you are dangerous Johanna – in one of your past videos you talked about how much you loved a fabric by Lillestoff and I immediately went off (online) hunting it down. It wasn’t easy! I ended up on their site and ordered some there. You should sell fabric honestly – you’d make a fortune ๐Ÿ™‚ I love your red wool – wow what a colour and drape. My latest pattern from Silouette arrived last week which features a cardigan! It’s her basic #195 “Sweater Set” which is very similar to the one you are planning to make. I had 2 cotton cardigans that I literally wore to rags and realized lately I don’t own any – they are VERY hard to find even in RTW – why not make myself a couple?? I’m not as experienced or brave as you to draft my own but this set which also includes a sleeveless shell (and french darts which are my favourite) looked like just the thing. You might also enjoy watching some of Peggy’s videos on youtube – she also has some great ideas and inspirations. Thanks for such another great post and video! ๐Ÿ™‚

November 21, 2016 at 7:54 am

Haha, us sewists are such enablers ๐Ÿ˜€ Thank you for the tip, I need to check the Siloutte sweater set and her videos, I’m always on the hunt for more knowledge on how to sew cardigans!

Anne
    November 22, 2016 at 1:07 am

Fun video. The fabrics you picked up at the fabric fair are beautiful! I love the prints and vibrant colours. I look forward to seeing the garments you will make from them ๐Ÿ™‚

November 24, 2016 at 10:32 am

Thank you! I cant’ wait to get started, just need to finish a few other things first!