Video: Nifty sewing tools I’ve bought recently

- Tools, Video

youtube-subscribe-button

I used to be super frugal when it comes to buying sewing tools, relying mostly on needle and thread and rather spend money on fabrics and patterns. But lately I’ve ventured into trying out new (to me) sewing notions and tools. In this video I share four things I’ve bought recently that I didn’t think I needed – but apparently I did!

Links to tools mentioned in the video

Pattern weight washers  (the ones I bought)

Pattern weight washers (similar option from Amazon US Amazon affiliate link)

Clover Wonder Clips (Amazon affiliate link)

Vilene/Vlieseline  fusible bias tape (Amazon affiliate link)

A Rebelde sem Casa
    February 5, 2017 at 9:14 pm

I use cans of tuna, my cellphone, tv remote, whatever comes handy to weigh down patterns 😉

About that tape, Paco Peralta has a tutorial to make something similar – cutting bias strips and then sewing down in the middle of strips. I have to try it, can’t justify shipping for that tape.

February 6, 2017 at 8:49 am

Hehe, that’s how I used to roll to when it came the weights 🙂 Ah, Paco Peralta, I was looking for that name a while back when I chatted to another long time Swedish online sewist about really helpful long time sewing bloggers, but couldn’t remember the exact name! That sounds like a good hack, because it is just cut bias strips with a seam, nothing magic for sure!

Myra
    February 7, 2017 at 1:25 pm

Great video Johanna! Great sewing tools are a must for us creative types! Thanks for sharing!

February 8, 2017 at 11:37 am

I agree, they really make huge difference!

Dawn
    February 15, 2017 at 6:19 pm

Hi Johanna, I have just discovered your blog and love what you do! I have all the notions you mentioned in this post (and swear by them) apart from the weights. Thank you for the link as I couldnt find any!

Kathy Irwin
    June 22, 2017 at 5:21 pm

Hello Johanna, great video. With regard to the Clover clips…I use regular paper binding clips (comes in either small, medium or large), and can be found at any office supply store. These are 80% cheaper than the Clover clips and are as effective.