Video: Sewing workout leggings for Anja and Stella

- Made by me, Sewing activewear, Video

youtube-subscribe-button

Want to get the inside scoop of my workout leggings project for my daughters and see them wearing the result? This video is all about that and it was fun collaborating with my daughters, we had a blast in the forest shooting the video until it got cold and began snowing! Also in the video I’ll show you some ways that I try to mimic the seams of ready to wear workout wear using my serger and coverstitch machine.

Posts related to this video:

Next up: Leggings for Anja

Next up: Leggings for Stella

How to perfect the 3-thread flatlock seam on the serger

The ultimate guide to coverstitching

Janome Coverpro 2000cpx a review

Esther
    April 23, 2017 at 3:59 pm

Congratulations on your creations, both the kids and the leggings!

Faye Lewis
    April 23, 2017 at 6:38 pm

I look forward to your Sunday morning videos. The leggings were wonderful! The video was too short, I guess I expected you ladies to be traipsing out in the great outdoors for an hour (haha)!

April 23, 2017 at 7:02 pm

Haha, well we could have but it was freezing and even began snowing (!) so we made it short and sweet and went to a local sushi place instead 🙂

Marjorie
    April 24, 2017 at 2:28 pm

I love your leggings that you have sewn for your daughters and the ones you have made yourself. You have inspired me to make my own and I have the fabric and a Jalie pattern awaiting in my sewing queue.
    I am hoping the weather improves in Sweden very soon as my son and his fiance are travelling there this weekend.

April 25, 2017 at 8:21 am

How fun! I hope that they will have a great time, even though we have an unusually cold spring here. But at least it looks like there will be sun this weekend 🙂

PsychicSewerKathleen
    April 24, 2017 at 5:55 pm

This was so much fun to watch Johanna! Your girls look thrilled with their leggings…one day they will be making their own having watched you all these years making your own and their clothes with such great fit! I’ve made my own too (not for exercise) and been thrilled with the fit. Papercuts has a nice leggings pattern too sort of similar to the one you reference in your video. Congratulations on another really successful make!

April 25, 2017 at 8:24 am

Yes leggings are great to make and such nice feeling when they fit! Plus that is a me-made garment that actually gets a lot of wear 🙂 I too have thought about trying the Papercut pattern leggings, but I think I’m gonna focus on tweaking my own leggings draft now for awhile again, since I know that it will fit me!

Summerflies
    April 26, 2017 at 9:49 am

It is great to see the girls in their custom leggings. You all looked like you had a lot of fun. I LOVE the look of the forest.

April 27, 2017 at 1:38 pm

Yes it was a lot of fun, and hopefully we can do more videos together in the future! And we are very lucky having a large forest less than 1 km from our apartment. It’s my happy place 🙂