Next up: Surf to Summit top by Fehr Trade

- Sewing activewear, work in progress

I’m in full workout clothes mode currently. Two shorts/leggings and two tops are finished and next up on my sewing list is the long sleeve version for Surf to Summit top by Fehr Trade. If you watched my vlog about my activewear sewing plans you might remember that I had another fabric planned for this top. But due to some binding drama (and resolve luckily), I ran out of that particular fabric. But I’m just as excited for this new colour combo using navy and white. I love Tory Burch Sport and she uses a lot of navy and white on her garments. The side panels will be made in sports mesh, and possibly some white Supplex too (if I have enough scraps) and the rest will be a sturdier navy sports jersey that I also used for the panels on my Spoonflower workout set. This will be my first Fehr Trade pattern and I’m very excited, really like the style lines of this pattern.

You can see some previews of my finished workout clothes on Instagram and I plan to make a video as well soon to show you my latest activewear makes. So stay tuned for that!

Adrianne
    September 27, 2017 at 8:51 pm

I can’t wait to see your navy and white top (my favorite color combination!). I have never tried a Melissa Fehr pattern, so I’m looking forward to “hear” what you have to say about it. I’ve had my eye on her yoga top pattern, but I am still struggling to bind knit shirts in a somewhat professional manner!!

September 28, 2017 at 4:04 pm

I really like the look of her yoga top too! And I hear you in the binding dilemma, it’s hard for sure. I’ve found that using rib knits instead of self-fabric helps a lot when it comes to finishing. but of course, we all want to achieve that nice self-fabric binding 🙂

Myra
    September 28, 2017 at 11:34 am

Wow, I think this new top is going to be gorgeous and can’t wait to see it! I’ve never worked on or own a Fehr Trade pattern, so it will be very interesting to watch your review. Good Luck!

September 28, 2017 at 4:06 pm

I will report back for sure, need to find some sewing time soon, hopefully, this weekend so I can get started on it. The other versions I’ve seen of this pattern looks good so I’m hopeful it will work for me too!

PsychicSewerKathleen
    September 28, 2017 at 7:14 pm

I’m looking forward to seeing your creations Johanna – it was inspiring to see what inspires YOUR makes – Tory Burch Sport – I had never heard of her before. She has a gorgeous hoodie I was eyeing – but she doesn’t say what the composition of the fabric is other than (cotton/cashmere) but what does that mean exactly? Anyway I did love her styles and look forward to seeing how you translate it to your workout wear 🙂

October 1, 2017 at 3:20 pm

Yes, the fabric information is sparse which is something I found to be common on many high-end retailer websites. I love her classic retro sports look and will also copy a pair of track pants from her too soon!

Angela
    October 1, 2017 at 2:47 am

Looking forward to further updates and your book!

October 1, 2017 at 3:17 pm

Thank you! I will keep you updated for sure. Working in really hard at the moment 🙂