The bag is lined with oilcloth because I’m a total slob. To be honest I think that my Nikon 50mm lens lies a bit here, the bag looks somewhat better in the photos than IRL. One problem was that the cotton canvas didn’t like being ironed – I got shiny areas, just like when you press wool with too much heat/too little steam. Weird.
The printing frame that I used. The blue/green area is the photo emulsion. On a funny side note, as you might remember I labeled the first print session a disaster and after photographing the print I threw the fabric in my paper bin. But yesterday my 10 year old saw it, dug it up and cut the owls out. Now she plans to use them as appliqués. It’s always good to get a fresh eye on things!