My sewing projects got put on hold last week as I caught the flu for the first time in like ten years. It felt a tad bit ironic since for the last few months I’ve been telling people that I never seem to get sick any more. Well lets just say I’ve been busy eating my words!
I’m back at work now, but still feel a little worn down to be honest (and I think you can tell from the photos). Anyways yesterday I finally put the finishing touches on my latest project, a 60’s inspired wool jersey dress from Burdastyle magazine issue 09-2015.
This dress turned out to be soo much work, I had no idea when I begun. It looks quite simple, but there are so many little details that requires a lot of time, like sewing on 12 snap-on buttons for the detachable collar, fully lining the dress and a lot of fiddling here and there.
Still, totally worth it.
The pattern is an A+ in my humble opinion. The fit is near perfect for instance, without me having to do any additional fitting. This is partly due to well drafted darts (six in all, which is plenty for a knit dress) and the princess seams helps too. This will definitely be my go to sheath dress from now on. I already have another version planned. but I need to take a break before I tackle that project. Up next I rather do something quick and easy.
As I alluded in a previous post I had too little fabric and also managed to mess up during cutting, leaving me with even less fabric to work with. I will do a separate post on my struggles and what I did to remedy those curve balls.
My review of the pattern