So I made a pair of lounge pants last weekend. This was a project were I just threw caution to the wind and didn’t do any alterations or checking any measurements. So instead of trying to mimic my lounge pant sloper, I decided I should try another style and perhaps discover something new. The only “alteration” I did was going down a size since the organic cotton velour I was using tends to grow quite a bit.
The design (from Danish pattern magazine Allt om handarbete) was pretty straight forward, a waistband with casing for elastic, straight legs and cuffs. The kicker was the welt pockets and faux fly. The latter was simple, but the welt pockets were another story. I can be stubborn, and went totally against all common sense when I decided to make them in soft “shapeless” velour.
Let me tell you, there’s is no interfacing in the world that will keep these pockets lying flat. I will talk about the pocket process in another blog post, but for now, let’s just say it was a struggle. But hey the pockets work, gaping or not!
All in all I’m really pleased how they turned out. Only thing I would change is lower the waist and make the waistband a bit wider I think.