Video: New activewear sewing plans

- Sewing activewear, Video

Time to make some activewear again. In this video  I share my upcoming sewing plans, plus ask you for some suggestions on which project to make!

Things mentioned in the video

Get my book Sewing Activewear

Facebook group Sewing Activewear

Sports bra from Ki-Ba-Doo

How to sew mesh inserts

DuoPlex from Beverly Johnson

B-wear

Bra Makers Supplies

Wil Samdon
    April 8, 2018 at 3:53 pm

Hey Joanna, the second, modern, dress. I think two colors is better then three.
    All the best with your sewing and marathon.
    Wil

April 9, 2018 at 4:55 pm

Thank you for the input, it does seem more universally liked 🙂

Vicki
    April 8, 2018 at 4:35 pm

I like the second style better. I hope the sewing and race go well.

Adrianne
    April 9, 2018 at 2:02 pm

Hi Johanna! I like the vintage style running dress, BUT don’t you think the collar will chafe? Also, when I run I like maximum range of motion with no constriction, so the first dress would be out for me! I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I’m sure it will be fabulous!

April 9, 2018 at 4:56 pm

You bring up a great point! That thought never really crossed my mind, I just loved how the collar looked 🙂

COREY
    April 10, 2018 at 12:33 am

Personally, i think the 2nd dress will give you the greatest freedom of movement. The first “vintage” option, is too constrained around the neck line and other bits around your neckline like zippers will only feel uncomfortable. You don’t want to wear something that feels like you want to tear if off in 5-10 mins of starting your run. I really liked your top and skirt that you accidentally thru out, reminded me of tennis wear and I am always a fan of red. Make sure what ever you make, you give it a few test runs to see how it feels during your planned run and that it feels like an old favorite.

April 10, 2018 at 4:15 pm

You are very right about the possible constriction of the first dress, the thought didn’t occur to me, hence why it is so valuable asking for feedback at times! Yes I love the red one, it bums me still about the garbage mishap. But at least I feel like I could do an even better job with the construction this time since I’ve learned a ton the last four years.