As you know I’m a big fan of sewing pattern magazines. This is how I got into garment sewing, and patterns from magazines are still what I primarily use when I’m not drafting my own patterns. This video is part two in my Ultimate pattern magazine guide (Check out part 1). So these two videos give a pretty comprehensive view of the most ones that are currently available, but there are of course more ones and if they find their way to Swedish stores I try to grab an issue.
Pattern magazines mentioned in this video
My Image Sewing Patterns
- Dutch magazine
- Contains around 20 patterns per issue
- 2-3 issues per year
- English, French, German, Spanish and Dutch in the same issue
La Mia Boutique
- 12 issues per year
- 38-54 (note that Italians sizing is one size smaller than Burda and other Northern European pattern magazines)
- Not all sizes for all patterns
La Maison Victor
- Belgian pattern magazine
- 30-56 (female)
- XXS-XXL (men)
- German, Dutch, French and English
Mrs Style Book
- Japanese Pattern Magainzes that shows how to draft patterns using basic blocks. Usually, pattern sheets with a handful of patterns are also included.
- The patterns are based on using your own personal pattern blocks, and there are instructions for how to draft them in each magazine.