Two days ago, my youngest daughter asked me how long it would take me to sew a top. “It depends” was my answer and so I went on to prod her for more details. It turned out she had found a cropped peasant top in a store, but it was too short and the wrong colour. The request was time sensitive since she wanted to wear it for her end-of-the-school-year-day, which is usually a celebratory event in Sweden.
She showed me a pic and I realized it looked exactly like an out of print peasant top from Burda, pattern number 8517, that made a blouse from over 10 years ago. And for some reason I had kept the pattern! So yesterday after work/school we first went to the store to check out the top (always love examining the construction of RTW) and then we went to Stoff and Stil in search of a blue printed fabric.
It took awhile, but she finally found a fabric that was close enough to her vision, a blue and very soft rayon challis. So the pants are on hold for a bit (you can see the final muslin here) and this weekend will instead be dedicated to sewing a top for her!