As I mentioned in a recent video, I’m about to embark on a somewhat daunting project, namely sewing a tailored jacket. The pattern I’ve picked is a double-breasted jacket from Burdastyle August 2017 issue, It doesn’t look super complicated but I have still felt some resistance, mostly because a project like this requires a lot of prep work and focus. Also, I have had to trace and add seam allowances to 20 pattern pieces, which has slowed the process down even more. Not to mention all the folding and truing of seams that need to be done in order to make the jacket fit on my short frame.
And on Sunday evening I encountered another hurdle when I pinned all the pattern pieces together and measured the width. To my horror, I discovered the jacket has hardly any ease as if I accidentally traced one size too small! Which, surprise, surprise, I had! But I’m not to be faulted this time, it was due to a printing/translation error in the instructions which showed the wrong sizes. So I traced a 36 not a 38.
The good news is that I didn’t cut the fabric, a very fine British tweed from Croft Mills. I need to regroup now and am not feeling this project it at all right now. But I need to get back to my mojo and start tracing again!