This post contains affiliate links.
Last night I finally finished making the two pair of jeans that I’ve been working in since the beginning of September. And since jeans making techniques is top of mind right now, I decided to make a video today and share my best tips for making jeans, especially addressing some of the biggest challenges we face when making jeans.
Jeans sewing topics covered in the video
- How to make a flawless waistband
- Succeeding with buttonholes on thick denim fabric
- My best tips for topstitching (I also covered this even more extensively in this topstitching tutorial and in this video topstitching tutorial)
- How to use a coverstitch machine for jeans making
- Sewing perfect back pockets
- Plus lots more!
Jeans making tools mentioned in the video
(Amazon affiliate links) .
They have an extra large eye and goes through thick seams so nicely.
Jeans/Denim needle from Schmetz is also excellent for sewing jeans
Hump Jumper (love that name!)