My quest for drafting the perfect leggings pattern has been an ongoing process, and I finally feel like I’ve nailed it! (give or take a few minor tweaks).
On this project I went a bit nuts, mixing three different fabrics, a cotton/lycra rasterized flower print, black power mesh and black wickaway poly/lycra for the waistband. I’m so happy I did, because I really like how they turned out!
Since I was already going big, I added drawstrings to the hem. Just a fun detail, I did something similar on these leggings.
I also put my new Janome Coverpro to full use, by utilizing the flipside of the 3-threaded coverlock to create a flatlock effect similar to the RTW activewear look. It was a bit tricky getting the topstitch seam to align exactly with seamline, but apparently Janome has an attachment to help with this. I might look into that in the future.
The pockets have enough room for a cellphone and a wallet
Other versions of this pattern