I began making this blouse a month ago, but along the way I lost my motivation, mostly because I used that evil silk again and also because I wasn’t loving the voluminous shape of the blouse. But last Friday, after the blouse had been staring at me for weeks from my dress form, I made a wow: Finish the blouse, then I can start working on my cardigan.
So I got to work and redid what I disliked the most; the waistband and the lower front pleats which doesn’t align with the upper pleats. I made the waist band wider and stabilized it with silk organza which made a huge difference for the overall look. Also the pleats look somewhat better now.
I used self fabric bias tape for the sleeves and neckline. As I said previously the volume is kinda big in the front, which is not something I’m used too. I think the style might grow on me though and would perhaps be a good choice for those instances when you want to dress up a bit but not too much. I’m going away on a work conference today and should probably pack this blouse as a dinner attire to see how it feels out in the real world.