This blouse is a great example of how big a role the fabric choice plays in the end result. I used the same pattern for this shirt dress and I don’t think one can tell it is the same pattern. For the shirt dress I used a fairly rigid cotton seersucker but for this version of the Burdastyle pattern I opted for a soft silk crepe de chine instead and also omitted the front and back darts.
The thing I am most happy about with this blouse is the piping that I picked up in Lisbon three years ago. This is truly a miracle piping, it consists of tiny twisted threads (not fabric) that looks both vintage and high end (click on the image to take a closer look). Plus it is really easy to handle and shapes well, even in corners. I just wish I had bough more and also looked for it in more colours. There is nothing like this available in Sweden, we only have thick cotton and poly piping that looks kinda cheap. I love piping, but my attempts at making them myself has been less than successful. And after using this piping I don’t ever want to go back to making it myself. I just need to make peace with the fact that some fancy finishing techniques simply are not my forte.