So let’s take a look at one more garment of my latest workout wear collection – a workout t-shirt with side panels. I drafted this pattern myself and did not test garment before I cut into the real fabric – so this is a pricey test garment basically. Plus it was my first garment that I made during my extensive study on the best methods for my coverstitch binder attachment. So there were some mishaps here and there.
This horizontal back seam was what killed it for me, I had to re-sew it like five times because all my methods ended up looking messed up. I have no idea why I even included it since I wasn’t using colour blocking. Sometimes I’m so stupid! And we all know what happens when we sew and then rip knits cross-wise – we’ll end up with a stretched out mess that is very hard to tame. So now I have a weird uneven seam in the back, with no purpose. Oh well.
I’m quite happy about the panels and the fit of the t-shirt though. But I did one more stupid mistake: Since I draft all my tops using a tight-fitting neckline for a collar, I forgot to scoop out the neckline enough in the front, so it is slightly strangling me when I move about. Oh well, again.
As for the neckline binding, I think it looks fine for a first attempt. The seam is a tad bit too high up from the edge and it is a bit uneven on the inside. Luckily the next garment I used the binder attachment on went better (stay tuned for more info on that!)
So yeah, not a perfect t-shirt. But as I said I think the fit is okay, apart from the tight neckline. So now I know what to tweak and perhaps (hopefully) do it better next time!