After my mega fail with the ever growing fabric, I was actually hesitant attempting this top again, despite working with fabric that I’ve used before and I know won’t grow. Also the pattern is super simple, so really my fears were unfounded. I whipped this up in two sittings and I am in love with how it looks, this styles feels totally me. I have a thing for both puff sleeves and stripes and this is happy alliance between those two.
Only a few small quibbles, the lover sleeve is quite snug, I assume this is to create a contrast to the puff sleeve.
And secondly Burdastyle suggests a neckline pattern piece that is the same length as the finished neckline, which is not something I would recommend for knits unless you want a gaping neckline. My ribbing is approx 85 percent of the neckline and that was perfect for this fabric, I tried to align the stripes perfectly, but the shape of the raglan sleeves doesn’t quite allow for this, so there is some mismatched stripes, but I don’t think it is something that I will care about.
So all in all, love, love, love and will definitely make this top again in some other fabric combo.