A new pattern release! Yes, today I’m dropping a new PDF sewing pattern, The Gurli Top, a puff sleeve knit blouse that comes with several design options.
Make it long sleeve for a dressier option or use the short sleeve version for a casual summer top.
You can use rayon jersey, modal, bamboo, silk and similar type of knit fabrics to make the Gurli top. There are so many fabric options. In fact, any type of supple knit fabric with a bit of drape will work splendidly for this pattern. In the samples shown here, I have used rayon jersey, cotton/modal jersey and soft cotton rib-knits.
Gurli Top Pattern Features
- Two sleeve styles: Short and long puff sleeves
- Neckband or turtle neck collar
- Slightly tapered at the waist, subtly flared at the hem
- Suitable for soft knits with drape such as rayon jersey, bamboo and modal
- Cuffs for both sleeve options
- Sizes EU 32-56 (US 0-24)
- Printable PDF pattern with layered sizing for easy at-home printing (and there is a large-format copyshop option too)
The Gurli puff sleeve knit top is the ideal wardrobe staple, stylish and versatile, yet incredibly comfortable to wear. It’s going to be your cosy all-around favourite and for every season!
There is also a fun turtle neck option! I love this juxtaposition of the short sleeve version and the turtle collar.
Both the long and short sleeve version has a cuff, a detail that is super easy to sew. Of course, there will be a sew-along to take you through the entire process, so stay tuned for that. And the instructions are super detailed too!
This is the version of the Gurli I will be wearing all summer, made with a flower print rayon/Lycra jersey, So comfortable and fun! Check out the Gurli top in the shop.