The failed cardigan has gotten a makeover. And I think it works much better now! I cut up the old cardigan and reused fabrics for both the sleeves and back piece and had some more fabric left which became the new front. The fabric is a wonderful cotton/rayon rib that feels like a silk knit, but it was incredibly hard to work with. The seams stretches out like crazy and hemming was a nightmare. I ended up using the blind hemming method, but had to constantly pull and push the fabric to keep it from expanding and I would be lying if I said the end result looks anywhere near perfect. But I think the cardigan will be perfect for summer – the fabric is soft and light and feels cool to wear.