This post contains affiliate links.
Want to up your sewing game and learn techniques you won’t find in beginner sewing books or pattern instructions? Then this vlog is for you! As a fairly advanced sewist, I usually feel unmoved by beginner sewing books at this point, since I’m more interested in particular skill developing techniques rather than learning how to sew together a garment.
So I’ve dug deep into my wast sewing book library and picked out six books that have all been game-changing when it comes to improving my skills and get a better understanding of all the finer details that go into sewing. Maybe you can even add them to a last-minute-gift-wishlist 🙂
List of sewing books mentioned in the video
(the book links are Amazon affiliate links)
- Sewing with Knits: Classic, Stylish Garments from Swimsuits to Eveningwear by Connie Long
- Sewing Secrets from the Fashion Industry: Proven Methods To Help You Sew Like the Pros
- Serger secrets
- Pattern making Stretch knits fabrics
- Fit for real people
- Palmer/Pletsch Complete Guide to Fitting
- Pants for real people
- The Dressmaker’s Handbook of Couture Sewing Techniques: by Lynda Maynard