Want to up your sewing game and learn techniques you won’t find in beginner sewing books or pattern instructions? Then this vlog is for you! As a fairly advanced sewist, I usually feel unmoved by beginner sewing books at this point, since I’m more interested in particular skill developing techniques rather than learning how to sew together a garment.
So I’ve dug deep into my wast sewing book library and picked out six books that have all been game-changing when it comes to improving my skills and get a better understanding of all the finer details that go into sewing. Maybe you can even add them to a last-minute-gift-wishlist 🙂
List of sewing books mentioned in the video
(the book links are Amazon affiliate links)
- Sewing with Knits: Classic, Stylish Garments from Swimsuits to Eveningwear by Connie Long
- Sewing Secrets from the Fashion Industry: Proven Methods To Help You Sew Like the Pros
- Serger secrets
- Pattern making Stretch knits fabrics
- Fit for real people
- Palmer/Pletsch Complete Guide to Fitting
- Pants for real people
- The Dressmaker’s Handbook of Couture Sewing Techniques: by Lynda Maynard
This post contains Amazon affiliate links, meaning that a commission is earned from qualifying purchases.