It’s not often these days that I spend a month working on the same sewing project. But this rain coat has been a handful, that’s for sure. Apart from the sleeve incident, I’ve melted fabric, created permanent holes in the wrong places and watched eyelets come loose after the assembly. But somehow I’ve managed to solve most of the mishaps and learned to overlook the remaining ones.
I finished the rain coat 11 pm last night and luckily it was pouring this morning, so I have already been test driving the coat – and it’s waterproof! And I love it. Love it! I won’t exhaust myself (or you) with all the details of the making today, but I will talk about how to sew waterproof garments in a separate post.