Curious to learn more about tailoring? So am I! To find out more I invited my friend Tina Olsson, who trained as a tailor, to share her best tips in one of my sewing videos.
This video was so fun to make, I learned a ton myself too, and Tina shares some really great, actionable tips to get us started.
Topics covered in the tailoring video
- What exactly is tailoring?
- Does it have to be handsewn?
- Making test garments
- Fusible vs woven interfacing for tailoring
- Tailoring tools: Thimble, tailor’s chalk, thread, wax and hand sewing needles
- How to become better at hand-sewing
Cutter and Tailor
About Silk Thread