Let’s take a look at my new upgraded sewing room. Or my sewing corner to be exact – I’m still sewing in the living room. But as you can see I’m able to pack a lot of sewing things into that corner of the living room. The backstory to my expansion is that we made a switcheroo in August which let me have a larger portion of the living room dedicated to my sewing. So if you are curious about how I’ve been able to create a fully functional workspace in such small confinements, then I think this video could be worth watching 🙂
Content of this video
- Mini reviews of my three sewing machines, including my fairly new Babylock Imagine serger and Janome Coverpro
- Buying a vintage sewing machine can actually be an investment!
- How I use nails to store my thread spools (true story!)
- Why my label maker has solved many of my storage issues
- My Ikea hack cutting table
- That despite my best intentions I still struggle to keep everything in order
- The best pattern storage system ever (from Morplan)
- My pattern magazine storage solution
- How to store fusible interfacing (courtesy of pdxsquared )
- And even a little peek of the rest of the living room
- Plus plenty more of course!
Videos I mention
Old sewing corner video (sorry for the shoddy quality, this was before I bought my current camera)
Blog post I mention